Job Description: Quality Reviewer – Spanish Speaking
The Quality Reviewer serves as the technical tax expert for a tax site and is responsible for ensuring that all returns prepared meet the quality requirements of the IRS VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program. Quality Reviewers review each tax return completed by a volunteer, correct errors, and provide substantive tax knowledge and guidance to volunteers. The Quality Reviewer also assists the Site Coordinator in ensuring the efficient operation of the tax site.
Availability: Candidates should be available to work at our Latino tax site in Columbia Heights, DC, Saturdays, 8:30 am to 2:30 pm, and/or Wednesday evenings from 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm from late January through mid-April. Additional hours during the week may be required to oversee the e-file process.
Skills and Experience: Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish and English, proficient or fluent in both languages. Minimum of 3 years of experience preparing individual income tax returns or qualified CPA or Enrolled Agent with at least two-year’s individual income tax preparation experience is required. Previous experience with volunteer low-income tax assistance programs preferred. Requires a detail oriented, organized, efficient, individual who is able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Quality Reviewers must complete special Quality Review training and the pass the IRS Volunteer tax preparer certification exam at the Advanced level. Training will be conducted in January.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and ensure return preparation quality at tax site
- Follow Campaign procedures.
- Help Site Coordinator manage workflow of the tax site: facilitate sign-in and intake of clients; ensure orderly and thorough screening process and reduce wait time, etc.
- Provide on-site tax expertise; answer tax volunteers’ preparation questions and assist with any tax-related issues.
- Review each completed tax return to ensure it is complete and accurate.
- Support Site Coordinator with operational needs of the site.
- Work with individual responsible for electronically filing returns to ensure procedures are followed and problems in rejected returns are corrected on a timely basis.
- Help manage supplies and materials from the Campaign and the IRS. Keep files and supplies organized; ensure necessary supplies are in place for each tax session. Help volunteers locate files, forms and supplies.
- Ensure security of confidential information.
- Ensure proper reporting and record keeping. Work with Campaign to collect and report statistics and surveys relating to taxpayer information.
Position Classification: Non-Exempt Temporary/Seasonal. Position runs from late January through mid April.To apply: Send letter of interest and resume by email to email@example.com, or fax to 202-521-3988