Community Tax Aid does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and reprisal for previous civil rights activities. CTA will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations to persons with physical disabilities, sensory loss, or limited English proficiency. These accommodations will be provided at no cost to the taxpayer.
Free Tax Information Sessions
July 8, 2017
August 2, 2017
If you see yourself described below, and would like to learn more about the topics listed below or to receive advice on meeting tax obligations, please contact us about participating in our basic tax information sessions:
Who should attend?
- Independent contractors
- Self-employed (not incorporated)
- Paid on a 1099 even if you do not consider yourself to be an independent contractor or self-employed
- Drive for Uber, Lyft, etc.
Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- What business expenses are deductible?
- How to track expenses
- Saving for and paying quarterly taxes
- Bank accounts and managing money
- Challenging 1099 status if you believe you should be paid on a
For more information, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 202-547-7773 for more information.